Monday, September 06, 2010

Fresh Pots Fanmail

Since I posted the video of Dave Grohl needing some fresh pots (during the Them Crooked Vultures" sessions), I have been bombarded with lots of noth-mail (WHAT I CALL FAN MAIL) about their love for coffee.

Here are some choice samples


Dear El Benda

Coffee Rox. I drink like 4 cups a day. Sure, it makes me pee quite a bit. BUT I LOVE IT

Keep up the Good Work!

-Amy
Macon, GA


Thanks Amy! Or should i say, A-pee? Sounds like you've got this b-room situation down solid!



Dear Nothyou,

Do you guys actually drink coffee? Or was this all just NOTHsense. I know you guys like to mess around. Jokesters. Fibbers. I just want to the facts right.

Sweet Eddie,
Jonesville, Conenecticut


Sweet Eddie?
Where do you get off?!? You call yourself a fan of the blog, but then you drop the hate in our faces? Why I outta find out where you live and come over and slap you silly!



YOU WONT LIKE THAT, WILL YOU?!
Yeah, 2/3 us at NothYou incorporated really enjoy the beverage.

Good has been known to drink a gallon a day after a long weekend of 'deens. He prefers StarDeens Breakfast blend. Its nutty, and always guaranteed to surprise you.

6012 does not drink coffee. At least not anymore. Back in the day, 6012 was a power drinker himself. It was many years ago, when he was a future-arms dealer in Japan. After all nighters trying to sell Tengutech to rival gangs, 6012 used to relax over a bowl of Udon and Coffee. Yeah, that's right. He drank coffee at night because he never slept. ever. But now that he's accepted a new way (cough, cough, jonesism?)

As for me, El Benda, well, what can I say? I've had a long relationship with the bev-er-age. My own progressive mother nursed me on the stuff. She felt that the proper nutritious diet for a baby of great future-importance was Coffee, Beets, and corned beef. After I got jaundice and skurvy, she changed her nursing habits. Sure I got stronger and healthier, but I think she still regrets that decision. Friggin' DEFACS!

But I still had a love for the drink. I have a coffee-of-the-day calender in my room. I attend fair trade rallies where I through organic blended Ethiopian beans at big suit fat-cats. And, If you are lucky enough to go on a date with me, you know I'll take you for coffee before AND after we make sweet sweet sexual intercourse.

(Did I mention I worked on GTA san andreas?)

Plus, lately, I'm that guy in your local coffeeshop. Blackberry and Bluetooth dude? No! I'm actually that other guy in the coffee shop in that I work there. I grind the beans, clean the filters, and recommend you shitty alternative music to listen to while you munch on your scone. You see, with all the wealth that this blog has given me, I decided to be like a commoner and work a 'regular' job. (And sometimes, when customers arent looking, I stick my fingers in the pots. Sure it burns my fingers now, but it gives me an immense sense of self-satisfaction knowing that people are drinking fresh pots of joe that have touched my unwashed hands.)



And finally, I just happened to get a bizarre email. This is all it said:


HAY YOU GUYZ.




COUGH-HEEEE

Yeah. I have no idea either. Weirdo.

No comments: